Month: December 2018
Radio show TONIGHT!
In just ONE HOUR, I will be joining my college friend Katharine Duckett and charming host Jim Freund on WBAI New York’s “Hour of the Wolf” radio show! Tune in at 99.5FM if you’re in the NYC area, or at wbai.org if you’re not, and hear us live! There will be film reviews, story readings, and, around 1am EST (more or less), an interactive reading of The Maltese Pelican.
Interactive how, you say? Well, you can call in and read with us! The number is (347) 335-0818.
For those unfamiliar with the rules of a bad prose reading, they are as follows:
1) When it’s your turn, read the story aloud from wherever your predecessor left off. It’s okay to go back to the beginning of the sentence if you need to.
2) If you laugh, your turn is over.
3) Your turn is also over if you misread the text: for example if it says “terfific” and you read “terrific.” Try to adhere to the punctuation too, when possible, though you are not required to say “quote…end quote” or anything like that.
4) Feel free to interrupt another reader if they have erred in steps 2 or 3.
5) Be a good sport about it. There is no prize for “winning,” and no penalty for “losing.” Your turn is only over temporarily! Stick around…the other readers are bound to mess up sooner or later.
Want to try your luck? Give the studio a call! The story is here. The number is (347) 335-0818. Give it a shot!